Saturday, October 9, 2010

SUCCESS-ful blogging!



    Hooray! Your probably reading this because you want to know what makes a good blog post. Well this is what i think. What makes a good blog post? I feel like that is a question that is not answered with a fact, but rather an opinion. Everybody looks for different things when they read whether it’s a book or just a small blog post. When I look for a blog post, I first try and see if anything compares to me and if I can relate to anything. So if your blog post is semi-universal then it will draw me in and make me more likely to read it. People who have or talk about the same ideas as me draw me in so I can see how they feel about those ideas. Some of the blogs that I seem to relate to most are Mike’s Blog and D.J.’s Blog.
     Something else that draws me into reading a blog or piece of writing is uniqueness. If a blog is completely random or very different than anything I have ever read, I am more driven to read about it because then I am more curious. It cannot be boring though. If a blog is completely random and unique, but it’s boring then I won’t want to read it.
     Bringing me to the 3rd characteristic of a good blog, it needs to be interesting. It has to keep me entertained so that I don’t just exit the browser, or close the book.  I have to want to read it, I have to have something trigger in my brain that will cause me to want to learn more about what the topic has to offer. That is a good blog post!

1 comment:

  1. i liked the intro. it seemed and the numbering scheme that was used in the text. thanks for the "shout-out" i didn't even know i got one!

    ReplyDelete