Saturday, October 9, 2010

I LOVE MATH


     
       Now I wouldn’t say that I exactly “love” math, but I really do enjoy math. Actually it is probably the class I look forward to the most because I really can’t wait to take more notes and learn more about it. Sound strange to you? Yes that is the usual answer I get when I tell people I actually really enjoy math class and doing any kind of math assignment. But if you were really good at something, wouldn’t you enjoy doing it a lot too? My current major right now is Secondary Education: Mathematics. That means that I want to get a degree in teaching math to the middle school – high school level.
      I do want to change my major though. I am definitely keeping it geared towards math but not secondary education. It’s not that I don’t like the thought of teaching anymore, but I want a job I might enjoy even more, so I might go for a degree in business math/marketing, or even full out engineering. I want to take my math to a much higher level than just handing off my knowledge to other students. As cool as that actually sounds, I really want a better paying job, and something that has to do with business. I am also very interested in computers. I used to write a lot of computer programs and would love to have a job in computer tech or in hardware/software design. I may even change my major at southern to something along the lines of Computer Science or Computer Programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment