Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time Management and Downtime We Deserve: My Stance

                   Everything in life involves time management. Time management also happens to be a big topic at southern in my Inquiry class. We are going over ways that we maintain our time, making sure we have enough to just relax and have some much needed downtime, and also the ways that we help to maintain our time.
                  Some people say they have a planner, some say they set a certain time of the day to just sit down and relax. But doing that doesn’t really seem to work for me. I don’t really like having planners, I usually just write down the things that I have to do or have to complete, and do they whenever I feel like it. I don’t like the sense of keeping to a straight schedule, and saying okay at 2 pm I am going to do my homework. I would rather just wait for the time I am not doing anything and then do what I need to. Sure, I will pick a certain day so I hand in any assignments I have on time, or I make sure I won’t be too tired after work or such, but I can’t keep to such a strict schedule that I pick a certain time.
                  Time management will always vary from person to person. Some people like strict schedules, others like to keep it slightly spontaneous and do it when they are free. I also cant really take  time to plan out for some down time. That is another topic that we talked about. If I schedule a time for just relaxing, itll feel like work and be boring because I scheduled it. I would rather just go about my dayh and then just flop lifelessly on my bed when I no longer have to do anything. That would feel like some great needed downtime. If you really need time management skills here is a great article on Time Management.
This relaxing waterfall for instance, is really relaxing to look at, and kind of helps to wind me down.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your stance that you can't have your life completely maped out, because I am the same way.

    ReplyDelete