Monday, September 6, 2010

College Life

College: Setting the Tone

When you take the very different transition to college it is much unlike any other. It’s not like going from middle school to high school like many teachers like to say is a difficult transition. When you go to college it is completely different. Sure you still need to go to class, and you need to do well in those classes, but you are completely on your own.

But first, what is college? College is kind of like a transformation. You’re almost completely on your own, especially if you live in dorm. It’s all on you to make the most important decisions that you can. College is another learning ground, but you can have a big focus on what you want to do as a career later in your life.

To me, being a college student means that I am making my own decisions to how I want to begin my life on my own. If something needs to be done it’s all up to me, and no one is going to be there to make my decisions for me. Even more importantly though, it means for the time being I will be in college, I will be able to meet many more people, make new friends, learn new ideas, and basically have a lot of fun on the way.

The whole idea of college gets me pretty excited, and so far it’s going very well, it’s so much fun and I am already meeting a lot of new people. So far so good with everything I expected, and I really couldn’t ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment