Saturday, September 11, 2010

Challenges and Obstacles: 2 Weeks


It has been quite the transition coming from high school to college. This transition is both fun and challenging all at the same time. During the first two weeks of school there have been some challenges and obstacles I’ve had to face. One of the biggest challenges is, now I am on my own. This is the biggest difference between high school and college. Your parents aren’t there to wake you up in the morning, tell you to go to class. I was one of those high school students. I had my mom wake me up every morning and go to school. Now that I am in college it is up to me to wake up on my own, and drive over to school in the morning.

Some of the biggest challenges were getting my college books for class. The books for class are very expensive. I know most students have had their books cost around 500$. Luckily mine were fairly cheap around only 250$. Turns out you can now rent books at the SCSU bookstore and at various other places online. This is very helpful because it is about 10 times cheaper than buying them.

Some of the obstacles and challenges that I know have to face are important because they are some key points in me growing up, and are preparing me for when I have to live on my own. So far these challenges haven’t taught me too much. It has only been 2 weeks and I am counting on experiencing many more challenges as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment