Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weighing the balance of success and failure


It has been a great semester, and with a lot of great things, there are times where you will succeed, and also times where you will fail or do not as great as you’d hoped. Of course, I had many these times during my first semester at Southern Conn. I’ll be easy on myself and start with all the successes that I have had and I will go from there. Starting from the beginning of the semester, I feel as though just getting into my math class was a big success because I started a lot higher than most other students usually do. Continuing from there, I feel that because my girlfriend had already been going to this school for a year, and knew a lot about the campus and how everything basically runs in this school, I had a good jump on what to do, when to do it, and a lot more about the fun school functions.

I also did have a lot of failures though. I believe some of my big failures was caused because it was my first year of college, and while I didn’t think it was going to be crazy, I believe I focused more on my freedom and fun than some of my classes. Mostly my inquiry class and my theatre class. I think more of the reason being was that those classes were required for me to take, while my math is more of the class that I want to take, and composition class was just fairly very easy. I feel as though those were my biggest weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment